MIS Help Desk Staff
The role of the Help Desk Technician is to assist employees and visitors who are experiencing any procedural or operating difficulty with the use of IT applications, products or services. Complex and/or high priority problems are elevated to specialized support groups for resolution when needed, but the Help Desk Technician is responsible to ensure that an effective solution is provided to the user.
The Help Desk Technician supports installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems and network hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual ensures that Network (LANs, WANs, Internet, Intranet systems), system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values and IT vision enabling employees to effectively conduct business with each other, customer and/or vendor.
This individual supports the following systems and networks: Core LAN (Main Switches to each consolidation points), Subdivision LAN (Consolidation points to endpoint connectors), WAN (Intercompany WAN), Internet, all critical and non-critical Windows and Linux systems that support infrastructure including those of satellite offices and locations; iSeries and iSeries related devices such as SAN storage. Responsibilities on these systems include operations and support.
【Essential Duties】 Includes the following. Other responsibilities may be assigned.
• Effectively, professionally, and respectfully represents other Information Technology staff members, teams, and their services to employees and visitors.
• Provides support for all Information Technology products and services. Support may include answering questions, troubleshooting problems, teaching or instructing employees regarding software or hardware functionality, and communicating policy. Additionally, it may involve troubleshooting printer issues and resolving difficulties with company provided equipment.
• Determines the most effective manner to resolve employee's technical issue. Engages in research and in-depth troubleshooting to resolve technical issues. Consults with full-time staff when necessary.
• Records required employee and problem information in SAP Network Request. Updates requests with appropriate entries of activities, and closes requests with resolution entered upon completion of the job.
• Resolves Level 1 work orders. Elevates complex and/or high priority problems to the appropriate support groups for resolution.
• Verifies that suggested solutions effectively resolve the users' problems through verbal or email follow up.
• Works on Help Desk related projects as assigned by supervisor.
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures and up-to-date documentation according to MIS documentation standards and policies.
• Contribute to and maintain system standards and procedure.
• Recommend secure, cost effective, innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
• Collaborate with security administrator on any special assignment, implementation and monitoring of systems and network in the light of security related inquiry.
• Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
• Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
• Periodical rounding for necessary security patching and local computer configuration.
• Upgrade and configure system software that supports KRC infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
• Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
• This individual will execute, test and roll-out the solution.
【Working Hours, Working style】
8:30-17:30 / Mon-Fri
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Experience in hardware, software, network troubleshooting, basic operating system functionality or equivalent training and/or education is extremely beneficial. Customer service experience is preferred.
• This position requires handling confidential information in an appropriate manner. Employee interactions must be handled with diplomacy and tact. Individual must be able to gauge the employee/vendor's technical ability and communicate with them in appropriate technical or non-technical language in a non-condescending manner.
• Position deals with a variety of problems and sometime has to discuss with Supervisor, Assistant Manager or Sr. Manager.
• Communicate in both direction of any concerns or issues regard to any system or network operation at KRC, satellite offices and other constituencies.
• Participates in year-end procuring of the best possible devices/services required to enhance, improve and innovate system and network activities. This procurement process entails: Proposal for purchase, Vendor/Device comparison, Request for purchase, Fixed Asset request, Coordinate with Purchasing Department for ordering, Monitoring for Receipt, Physical inspection of the delivery, and acceptance of the delivery for implementation.
• Resolve problems within established practices.
• Provides guidance with technical issues.
This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, plans, and schedules. Although there are sometimes problem-solving guidelines for particular problems, there may be no existing procedures or instructions for those problems. The technician may be on their own in solving problems and determining satisfactory solutions. Ability to work independently and in a team setting is imperative.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Must be able to learn and support new and quickly-changing technologies.
• Ability to research solutions or information regarding technical issues.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Good work habits under pressure.
• High energy level.
• Detail oriented.
• Must have a good command of the English language in order to provide effective phone, desk-side, and email support.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Lifting and/or carrying of 15-30 lbs. or more and the pushing and pulling of carts when necessary.
• Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
• While regular travel is not generally required, based on the geological location of the network, some travels may be required with little advance notice.