Types of Visa in the U.S.

Types of visa in the United States can be broadly categorized into a "nonimmigrant visa" and an "immigrant visa". A nonimmigrant visa is for temporary stay including employment and study. An immigrant visa is necessary for permanent residence (“green card”). There are many different documents to fill out and the laws governing visa policy change frequently making an application procedure complicated. In many cases, people consult an immigration lawyer to file the application.

Types of Visa in the U.S.:QUICK USA

  • A. Foreign diplomats and government officials
  • B. Temporary business visitors and tourists
  • C. Transit
  • D. Crew members
  • E. Treaty traders and treaty investors
  • F. International students
  • G. Representatives of international organizations
  • H. Treaty-based temporary workers, Specialty Occupation, and Trainee
  • I. Representatives of the foreign media
  • J. Exchange visitors
  • K. The U.S. citizen's fiancé(e)
  • L. Intra-company transferees
  • M. Non-academic or vocational studies
  • O. Individuals with an extraordinary ability in the fields of science, art, sports, etc.
  • P. Artists, entertainers, athletes
  • Q. International cultural exchange
  • R. Religious workers
Contact us

Recommended Posts for You

QUICK USA offers various information that is helpful for your job search and career change in the U.S

Job Search

 Apply for our Job Search/Career Change Support Services

Upon completing registration, if you wish to have a career counseling session with our recruiting consultants, please contact us at quick@919usa.com.